16) Discuss About Internal/Physical/Storage Level Of The Architecture?
Answer: The internal view is the view about the actual physical storage of data. It tells us what data is stored in the database and how.
17) What Is Data Independence?
Answer: Data independence means that the application is independent of the storage structure and access strategy of data. In other words, the ability to modify the schema definition in one level should not affect the schema definition in the next higher level.
There are two types of Data Independence:
- Physical Data Independence: Modification in physical level should not affect the logical level.
- Logical Data Independence: Modification in logical level should affect the view level.
18) What Is Physical Data Independence?
Answer: The separation of the conceptual view from the internal view enables us to provide a logical description of the database without the need to specify physical structures is often called physical data independence.
19) What Is Logical Data Independence?
Answer: Separating the external views from the conceptual view enables us to change the conceptual view without affecting the external views. This separation is sometimes called logical data independence.
20) What Is A Data Model? What Are The Types Of Data Model?
Answer: Data model is a collection of concepts that can be used to describe the structure of a database which provides the necessary means to achieve the abstraction. Data modeling is used for representing entities of interest and their relationship in the database.
The different types of data model are:
- High Level - Conceptual Data Model.
- Low Level - Physical Data Model.
- Relational or Representational Data Model.
- Object-Oriented Data Model.
- Object-Relational Data Model.
ALSO CHECK THE BELOW FAQ's:
21) What Is DDL (Data Definition Language), VDL (View Definition Language) and SDL (Storage Definition Language)?
22) What Is Data Storage - Definition Language?
23) What Is DML (Data Manipulation Language) and DML Compiler?
24) What Is DDL Interpreter?
25) What Is Data Model, E-R MODEL & Object Oriented Model?
26) What Is An Entity, Entity Type & An Entity Set?
27) What Is An Attribute? Also Define What Is A Domain?
28) What Are The Different Types Of Attributes In DBMS?
29) Differentiate Between Simple, Composite & Multi-Valued Attributes In DBMS?
30) What Are Relation Schema & A Relation?
... Return To HR Interview Questions With Answers Main Page.