Here, are some sample questions based on "Data Structures". Read it carefully as these questions will help you in cracking any interview.
11) What Is A Stack ?
Stack data structure refers to the lists stored and accessed in a special way, where LIFO or Last in First Out technique is followed. In stacks, insertions and deletions take place only at one end, called the top. Stack is similar to a stack of plates or a stack of CDs arranged vertically. In either stacks, objects, i.e. plates or CDs are inserted or removed only from the top of the stack.
12) What Is A Queue ?
Queue data structure is a FIFO or First in First Out list, where insertions take place at the rear end of the queue and deletions take place at the front end of the queue. Queue is much the same as a line of people waiting for their turn to vote, or a queue at a railway station. The first person will be the first in the queue and a new person can join the queue at the rear end of it.
13) What Are Linked Lists ?
Linked lists are special lists of some data elements linked to one another. The logical ordering is represented by having each element pointing to the next element.
Each element is called a node, which has two parts. The information part which stores the information and the pointer part which points to the next element. Linked lists can be singly linked or doubly linked.
14) What Are Trees ?
Trees are non linear data structures having a hierarchical relationship between various elements called nodes. The topmost node is called the root of the tree and the bottommost nodes are the leaves of the tree.
15) What Are Arrays ?
When elements of linear data structures are represented in memory by means of sequential memory locations, these linear structures are called arrays. Arrays are one of the simplest data structures and are very easy to traverse, search, sort etc. An array stores a list of finite number of homogeneous data elements.
ALSO READ THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
16) What Is A Circular Queue ?
17) What Do You Mean By The Terms ‘Overflow’ & ‘Underflow’ In Data Structures ?
18) What Is Meant By Dequeue ?
19) What Do You Mean By Garbage Collection In Data Structures ? What Role Does The AVAIL List Play In A Linked List ?
20) Differentiate Between A LIFO & FIFO List ?
21) What advantages and disadvantages, do you think does a circular singly linked list have over a non-circular singly linked list?
22) Give the similarities between queues and stacks ?
23) Differentiate between queues and stacks ?
24) To perform recursion, which data structure is generally used?
25) What do you mean by merging of data structures?
...Return To Data Structure Index.
... Return To HR Interview Index.