Here, are some sample questions based on "Data Structures". Read it carefully as these questions will help you in cracking any interview.
41) What do you mean by bubble sort ?
Bubble sort is an array sorting technique in which the adjoining values are compared and exchanged if they are not in the proper order. The process repeats until the entire array is sorted.
42) What is insertion sort ?
In insertion sort, each successive element is picked from its position and inserted at an appropriate position in the previously sorted array.
43) Differentiate between the different types of linked lists ?
Linked lists are of two types viz, singly linked or one-way lists and doubly linked or two-way lists. Singly linked lists contain node with single pointer pointing to the next node in sequence whereas doubly linked lists contain two pointers, one pointing to previous node and other pointing to the next node in sequence.
44) What do you mean by ‘pushing’ and ‘popping’ with regard to stacks ?
Pushing an element into a stack implies inserting a new element into a stack. This can be done only when the stack has more memory to incorporate the new element. i.e., the stack should not be overflow.
Popping is the deletion of an element from a stack. Popping elements from a stack is possible only when the stack has some elements, i.e., it is not underflow.
45) What are input restricted dequeues and output restricted dequeues ?
An input restricted dequeue is a dequeue which allows insertions at only one end but allows deletions at both ends of the list. An output restricted deque is a deque which allows deletions at only one end of the list but allows insertions at both ends of the list.
ALSO READ THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
36) What are the differences between linear search and binary search ?
37) State the condition(s) under which binary search is applicable ?
38) What are the advantages of linked lists over arrays ?
39) What is sorting of an array ? Name a few types of sorting techniques ?
40) What is the mechanism of selection sort ?
46) What do you mean by Polish string ?
47) What do you mean by an infix, postfix and prefix expression ?
48) What is the evaluation order according to which an infix expression is converted to postfix expression ?
49) Give the advantages of using post fix notations over infix notations ?
50) How can prefix notations be converted to infix form ?
...Return To Data Structure Index.
... Return To HR Interview Index.