Here, are some sample questions based on "Data Structures". Read it carefully as these questions will help you in cracking any interview.
21) What advantages and disadvantages, do you think does a circular singly linked list have over a non-circular singly linked list?
A circular singly linked list is advantageous over a non-circular singly linked list because the former helps in sequencing from any node to any other node in the list. And the disadvantage is that it can make the end of the list more difficult to detect than if the last node contained a NULL next pointer.
22) Give the similarities between queues and stacks ?
- Both queues and stacks are special cases of linear lists.
- Both can be implemented as arrays or linked lists.
23) Differentiate between queues and stacks ?
The differences between queues and stacks are:
- A stack is a LIFO list while a queue is a FIFO list.
- There are no variations of stack. A queue, however, may be circular or dequeue.
24) To perform recursion, which data structure is generally used?
Stack data structures are generally used to perform recursion. Since stack is a LIFO or ‘Last in First Out’ list, it has the ability to remember and recognize its ‘caller’. Thus, it knows to whom it is supposed to return. In the case of a recursive function’s equivalent iterative, non-recursive function too, explicit stacks are used.
25) What do you mean by merging of data structures?
Merging of data structures is the process of generating new data structures from existing individual data structures. In Merging, elements of two data structures are combined to form a new data structure.
ALSO READ THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
26) What are the different types of arrays ?
27) What do you mean by the base address of an array ?
28) Give the formula to calculate the address of any element in an array, when the length of the array along with its base address and size of the element are given ?
29) How is computer memory allotted for a two-dimensional array ?
30) What is the difference between an array and a stack housed in an array ?
31) List the basic operations which can be performed on data structures ?
32) How can you calculate the size of an array, given the upper and lower bounds of the array ?
33) Which are the two very common search techniques and what are their mechanisms ?
34) Describe how linear search is carried out ?
35) How does the binary search work ?
...Return To Data Structure Index.
... Return To HR Interview Index.