Here, are some sample questions based on "Data Structures". Read it carefully as these questions will help you in cracking any interview.
6) What Are Non Linear Data Structures ?
Non linear data structures are multi level data structures. Examples of non linear data structure are trees and graphs. In such non linear data structures, the elements share a hierarchical relationship among themselves rather than forming a sequence.
7) Differentiate Between Data Types & Data Structures ?
A data type is a named group of data with similar characteristics and behavior, E.g.: Integer, real, Boolean, character etc.
A data structure is a named group of data of different data types, organized in a particular format and characterized by specific operations that can be performed on it. E.g.: Queues, arrays, trees etc.
8) List Four Major Operations On Linear Data Structures ?
Four major operations performed on linear data structures are:
• Searching: Refers to searching for a given ITEM in a given data structure.
• Sorting: Refers to rearranging the elements of a given data structure in a particular order.
• Traversing: Refers to the act of accessing and processing each element of a data structure.
• Inserting: Refers to inserting a given ITEM in a given data structure.
9) What Do You Mean By A Static Data Structure ?
A static data structure is a data structure that requires memory allocation before its processing starts. For such a data structure, a fixed amount of memory is allocated before processing begins.
10) What Is Dynamic Memory Allocation ?
Dynamic data structure is a data structure that does not require fixed amount of memory beforehand; rather, memory is allocated to it dynamically. With such a data structure, more memory can be allocated as and when required and unused memory can be freed during the program execution.
ALSO READ THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
11) What Is A Stack ?
12) What Is A Queue ?
13) What Are Linked Lists ?
14) What Are Trees ?
15) What Are Arrays ?
16) What Is A Circular Queue ?
17) What Do You Mean By The Terms ‘Overflow’ & ‘Underflow’ In Data Structures ?
18) What Is Meant By Dequeue ?
19) What Do You Mean By Garbage Collection In Data Structures ? What Role Does The AVAIL List Play In A Linked List ?
20) Differentiate Between A LIFO & FIFO List ?
...Return To Data Structure Index.
... Return To HR Interview Index.