Here, are some sample questions based on "Data Structures". Read it carefully as these questions will help you in cracking any interview.
1) What Is Data Structure?
A named group of data, of different data types, which can be processed as a single unit is referred to as a data structure. Data structures have well-defined operations, behavior and properties. Arrays, stacks, queues, trees are all examples of data structures.
2) What Is The Need For Data Structures In Programming?
There are various situations in real life when there is need to treat a group of different data types as a single unit.
For example, a record in a file has several fields of different data types and the entire record may be required to be processed in one unit. In such a case, data structures are essential to combine different data types and process them together.
3) What Are The Different Data Types Which A Data Structure May Comprise Of?
Data structures contain mainly three different data types:
• Primitive data types: These are standard or fundamental data types which are not composed of other data types. E.g.: Integer, Real and Character data types.
• Non-primitive data types: These are normally user-defined data types which are composed of primitive data types. E.g.: Array, structure, class, enumeration, union etc.
• Pointers: This is a special kind of data structure which enables storage of pointers, i.e., addresses of some other data locations. E.g.: Linked lists, stacks, queues, trees etc.
4) How Can Data Structures Be Classified?
Data structures are basically classified into two groups:
• Simple data structures: These data structures are normally built from primitive data types like integers, reals, characters, Boolean. Arrays and structures can be termed as simple data structures.
• Compound data structures: These are complex data structures which are formed by combining simple data structures in various ways. Trees, stacks, queues and linked lists are compound data structures.
5) What Are Linear Data Structures?
Compound data structures are classified into two types of data structures namely linear and non linear data structures.
Linear data structures are single level data structures. A data structure can be called a linear data structure if its elements form a sequence. Examples of linear data structures are stacks, queues and linked lists.
ALSO READ THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
6) What Are Non Linear Data Structures ?
7) Differentiate Between Data Types & Data Structures ?
8) List Four Major Operations On Linear Data Structures ?
9) What Do You Mean By A Static Data Structure ?
10) What Is Dynamic Memory Allocation ?
11) What Is A Stack ?
12) What Is A Queue ?
13) What Are Linked Lists ?
14) What Are Trees ?
15) What Are Arrays ?
...Return To Data Structure Index.
... Return To HR Interview Index.