Here, are some sample questions based on "C++/OOPS Programming language". Read it carefully as these questions will help you in cracking any interview.
Question - 6) What is a reference variable ? What is its use ?
Answer: A reference variable is an alias name for a previously declared variable. The use of it is that is that the same data object can be referred to by two names and these names can be used interchangeably.
Question - 7) What are inline functions ? What is the advantage of using them ? How are they declared ?
Answer: An inline function is a function upon which the C++ compiler is asked to perform inline expansion, i.e. the compiler is requested to replace every function call with the complete body of the function, rather than generating the function code at each and every position of the function call.
The major advantage of inline functions is that it saves on the overhead of a function call. Since the function is not invoked, but its code is replaced in the program, it saves the compiler time and improves efficiency.
The format to declare an inline function is:
inline datatype function_name(parameters)
Question - 8) What are the defining traits of an object-oriented language ?
Answer: The defining traits of an object oriented programming language are the following:
- Data abstraction.
- Data encapsulation.
Question - 9) What is the purpose of the scope resolution operator ?
Answer: In C++, the scope resolution operator (::) is used to qualify hidden file names so that they can be used. Further, the scope resolution operator can also be used to qualify class names or class member names.
Question - 10) What are the differences between type casting and automatic type conversion ?
Answer: Type casting or explicit type conversion is user-defined forced conversion. It is done with the help of casting operator ().
Automatic type conversion or implicit type conversion is a data type conversion performed by compiler on its own. It occurs whenever an expression has different types.
11) Why ‘char’ is often considered as an integer data type ?
12) What is the difference between structure and class in C++ ?
13) What is the purpose of ios:app ?
14) What is the purpose of ios::ate ?
15) How is random access of data achieved in C++ ?
16) Which header file is required for creating and manipulating data files in C++ ?
17) What is an access specifier ?
18) How is memory allocated to a class and its objects ?
19) What is the difference between an object and a class ?
20) Differentiate between data hiding and encapsulation ?
21) What is polymorphism? Explain with an example ?
22) What is public, protected and private ?
23) What is the significance of the protected access specifier ?
24) Do 'derivation' and 'friendship' mean the same ?
25) Enlist some advantages of object oriented programming ?
... Back To C++ Programs Index
... Back To C++ FAQ's Index
... Back To C Programs Index
... Back To C FAQ's Index
... Back To HR Interview Index