Here the interviewer simply wants to know what success means to you in your professional and personal life. Many people view success in terms of power, wealth, or fame. But many of the most enduring and satisfying forms of success have nothing do with acquiring power, wealth, or fame.
Success is what you make it. For some people it is just keeping busy, having fun and enjoying life as never before.
Your answers can be:
1) If my contribution has positively benefited my company, than that’s “Success” for me. From the personal front, success to me is fulfilling my parents dream.
2) Success to me is to set a goal, plan the steps to achieve the goal, implement the plan and finally achieve the goal.
"Success is not a destination it's a journey, it's the direction in which you are traveling."
3) Success to me means satisfaction for whatever I do. If I am at my workplace, positive result gives me the satisfaction and at home happiness in parent’s eyes gives me the satisfaction.
4) Success to me means completing a task or assignment in an excellent manner and within the stipulated time. But if it was a group project and say only two people did the work, I wouldn't call that success. If everyone participated and worked together, then it’s a success. Therefore I believe both the result and the process should be great to call something a success.
To Download This Page: Click Here
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
- What are your salary expectations? (Or What kind of salary are you looking for?)
- Do You Prefer to Work Independently Or On a Team?
- Why do you want to leave your current job/organization/company?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answers of your own, please do post them in the comments section.