The interviewer simply wants to check out whether you have come prepared. Your answers also signify how passionate you are for the job and the company. Therefore it’s a very important question. Your answer should reflect your knowledge about the company and passion for the job. If you state a simple answer and use tags it will definitely show that you have not done sufficient research.
You don’t have to list everything you know… just enough to let them know that you did your homework. Also, take a little time to give the company a compliment such as the last sentence. It is a psychological tool that you should use to your advantage. This type of compliment is directed at the company and the interviewer will be happy to hear this.
Your answers can be:
1) This company is the leader in delivering IT Solutions. It’s a global company in 18 different countries, and finally it’s one of the best companies to work for.
2) I learned that this Company has a great work environment and is an employee oriented. It’s a place where strong contributors are rewarded. I want to work for a company with opportunities and I know this company will definitely provide me.
3) I learned that this company provides a strong core competency, very strong value systems and best practices so I believe I have a strong vision of viewing myself as a member of this company. Also it has one of the fastest growth rates and turnover in the industry and that would mean a faster growth rate for me as a professional.
4) The practices of your company are more employee and customer oriented. Also I learned from sources that this company provides services to large corporations and is a leader in IT Solutions. That’s why I ‘m excited to have the opportunity to join this company.
5) Well in my research I learned that your company headquarters are in Bangalore and that you have grown from one small office to over 48 locations in the last 5 years. I also know that at first you were primarily a brokerage firm and now diversified to provide IT solutions and Outsourcing.
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
- What are your salary expectations? (Or What kind of salary are you looking for?)
- Do You Prefer to Work Independently Or On a Team?
- Why do you want to leave your current job/organization/company?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answers of your own, please do post them in the comments section.