“Never simply state your Short term goal but move a step further by stating the steps you are taking to achieve them.”
Short term goal depends upon where you stand right now. A person with 5 years of experience will have different short term goals than a person with no work experience.
"An idealist believes the short run doesn't count,A cynic believes the long run doesn't matterA realist believes that what is done or left undonein the short run determines the long run."
Your answers can be:
1) My short term goal is to find a position where I can use the knowledge and strength I have. I want to participate in the growth and success of the company I work for.
2) I want to see myself as a software developer in your esteemed organization where by with all my skills and enhanced learning I shall be able to make valuable and meaningful contribution to your organization.
3) My short term goal is to learn everything I can about marketing. I want to be in a position where I can contribute what I’ve learned through education to gain some practical and real life Experience. Hence my immediate goal is to learn and become skilled in all aspects of marketing.
4) My short term goal is to become a marketing analyst. I've learned the basics of marketing during my first two years and hence I am raring to take on challenging projects.
5) My short term goal is to get into a management position. The last five years of my career I have concentrated on learning and acquiring all the managerial skills. Recently I've taken more responsibilities in management because I eventually want to become production manager. I feel I’m doing a diligent job by volunteering for extra work to gain more experience and hope to be in a management position within a year or two.
To Download This Page: Click Here
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- What makes you stand out from other candidates?
- What is (are) your Strength (Strengths)?
- What is (are) your Weakness (Weaknesses)?
- Can you work well under pressure? (Or How well do you handle stress and pressure?)
- What are your long term goals/career aspirations?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answer of your own, please do post them in the comments section.
LABELS:what are your short term career goals interview question, what are your short term professional goals answer, describe your short and long term career and professional development goals, what goals do you have in your career, short term and long term career goals examples, what are your career aspirations and goals, short term goals for work,
how do you plan to achieve your career goals,what are your short term and long term career goals answer, long and short term career goals examples, long term career goals examples, short term goals examples, job goals examples,