The interviewer asks this question just to find out how your skills, experience and knowledge can add value to the job.Well to answer this question you need to learn what they are looking for and then tie them with your strengths. This ensures that you are a viable fit for the position.
The more detail you give the stronger your answers will be. Try to summarize all your accomplishments and relate what makes you unique.
The question can also be
Your answers can be:
1) You should hire me because I’m the best person for the job. I realize that there are likely other candidates who also have the ability to do this job. Yet I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job - my passion for excellence. I am passionately committed to producing truly class results.
2) I believe I’m the perfect fit for this position. I’m very detail oriented, and I organize my work and time very efficiently. But what makes me unique? If I were in your position I would hire myself because of the passion for this industry and my optimistic personality. I want to make more of an impact than just doing my job. I don’t want to blend in with the company; I would rather want my addition to improve it.
3) There are two reasons I should be hired. Firstly, my qualifications match your needs perfectly. Secondly I’m excited and passionate about this industry and the position and will always give my 100%.
4) You should definitely hire me. I have a proven track record of success throughout my education. My education graph always kept roaring with time. This position requires someone who has the ability to solve problems quickly and who can logically add value to the job. I believe my skills and abilities matches perfectly with the requirement and what makes me the unique candidate is my passion towards my work and industry. So I’m confident I’ll be the best candidate for this position.
5) I’m a perfect fit for this position. I have three years of experience in this technology and my skills enable me to develop better products in less time. On top of that I’m a great team player that gets a long with everyone.
6) This position seeks a Quality Assurance Manager, I’m confident I’m the best person for this job. I have earlier worked with xyz Software Company and I was in charge of a team that was responsible for the quality of three different applications. I have adept knowledge in Quality assurance, Product support and even some creative processes that will benefit a quality assurance team. I love mentoring junior employees since I believe in sharing knowledge to everyone in the company who work with me. So I strongly believe that I’ll be the best candidate due to the combination of my experience, my management skills, abilities and my desire to provide growth in employees.
“Never compare yourself to other applicants who are vying for the same position”
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Tell Me Something About Yourself ?
- What Are Your Strengths?
- What Are Your Weaknesses?
- How Do You Handle Pressure / Can You Work Well Under Pressure?
- What Are Your Short Term Goals/Career Aspiration?
- What Are Your Long Term Goals/Career Aspiration?
- What Makes You Stand Out From Other Candidates?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answer of your own, please do post them in the comments section.