Generally such questions are asked by the interviewer to check how serious the candidate is about his career. Avoid answers as “becoming rich and retiring early”. These are incorrect answers.
Try to give an ambitious answer that shows you really love your career. Be descriptive and try to convince them that you are a hard worker and not just a mediocre one.
Your answers can be:
1) My long term goal is to be an instructor. I have always loved to teach and hence I would like to grow newer employees and help co-workers where ever I can.
2) After a successful career, I look forward to write a book on Programming Language. I think working smart is important and I have many ideas. So after gaining more experience, I am going to write a book.
3) My long term goal is to become partner for a consulting firm. I know a lot of hard work determination and patience is required to become a partner. Many people fail to become a partner. But that’s not going to stop me anyway from working hard and learning everything I can. I know it’s going to be tough but becoming a partner is a long term goal of mine and I am going to work towards this goal throughout my career.
4) My long term goal is to become director of a company. I know it sounds a little too ambitious but I’m smart and willing to work hard a lot.
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Tell Me Something About Yourself ?
- What Are Your Strengths?
- What Are Your Weaknesses?
- How Do You Handle Pressure / Can You Work Well Under Pressure?
- What are your short term goals/career aspirations?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- What are your salary expectations? (Or What kind of salary are you looking for?)
- Do You Prefer to Work Independently Or On a Team?
- Why do you want to leave your current job/organization/company?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
- How Do You Think You Conducted Or Performed During This Interview?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answer of your own, please do post them in the comments section.
LABELS: what are your long term career goals essay, career goals answers, what are your short term and long term goals interview, long term goals examples, what are your long term career goals and aspirations, what are your long term career goals how are you preparing to achieve them, what are your long term career goals mba, what are your long term professional development goals, interview questions what are your short term and long term goals, what are your career goals interview question and answer, what are your short term and long term goals, long term goals examples, how to answer career goals question, typical interview questions and answers, interview questions and answers samples, employment goals, what is your plan for your long term career development, what are your long term career aspirations plans, what are your long term career objectives answer