There’s a saying –
“However small the thorn maybe it has the ability to pierce.”
Never say you are a Workaholic, a Perfectionist, etc. because it sounds negative. Try to convert these negative biased qualities into positive ones.
In place of Workaholic you can say you are a hard worker and always willing to work for extra hours.
In place of Perfectionist, you can say you are detail oriented and like to set high standard for work.
“Try to specify your weakness as your strength and also highlight it as a benefit.”
Your answers can be:
1) One of my weaknesses as I perceive is occasional compromise on time for quality and perfection.
2) I feel I am not very detail-oriented. I’m a person that wants accomplish as much as possible. I realized this hurts quality and therefore I‘m trying hard to find a balance between quality and quantity.
3) At times even when I need help, I try to solve my own problems instead of asking a co-worker who might know the answer. This would save me more time and I would be more efficient. I’m working on knowing when it would be beneficial to ask for help.
4) I've been told a few times I'm too much detail oriented. I do make it a practice of checking my work at least once or twice to make sure that it's absolutely accurate.
5) I believe one of my weaknesses is my impatience. Whenever I work in a team and any of the team members don’t perform up to the expectation, I get impatient and annoyed. I understand if they are working hard and if their portion is difficult, but sometimes a person can’t do the assignment due to incompetence and laziness. I know I can help out by explaining things to some people and encouraging lazy people by reminding them of deadlines. I know it’s bad to be impatient, but I’m definitely working on it.
Q: BASED ON WHICH WEAKNESS SHOULD WE REJECT YOU?
Since I have identified my own weaknesses, you may be assured that I am constantly working on them to get them reduced day by day. And i am confident in the near future most of my weaknesses may not be there at all. So I strongly believe that you shouldn't reject me for any of my weakness.
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- What Makes You Stand Out From Other Candidates?
- What is (are) your Strength (Strengths)?
- Can you work well under pressure? (Or How well do you handle stress and pressure?)
- What are your short term goals/career aspirations?
- What are your long term goals/career aspirations?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have any answers of your own, please do post them in the comments section.
LABELS: what are your weakness interview question best answer, what is your weakness and strength interview question, how to answer interview question what is your weakness, nterview question what is your greatest weakness, what is your weakness interview answer, job interview question what are your weaknesses, good weaknesses for interview, interview weaknesses examples, how to answer interview question what are your strengths and weaknesses, what is your weakness best answer, what is your weakness interview question, what is your weakness, what is your strength, what to answer when asked what are your weaknesses in an interview, what are some of your strengths some of your weaknesses