When the interviewer asks about your willingness to travel, it means that this position requires some traveling. If you say no, then you may not get hired because they are looking for someone who is able to travel.
It is perfectly acceptable to ask how much travel is involved.
Your answer can be:
1) “I am completely mobile. Well I can go to any part of the country or even abroad if situation permits.”
2) “I know as an auditor that I’ll have to make business trips. So I’m definitely willing to travel.”
3) “I have no problems with traveling, actually I love traveling.”
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
- What are your salary expectations? (Or What kind of salary are you looking for?)
- Do You Prefer to Work Independently Or On a Team?
- Why do you want to leave your current job/organization/company?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answers of your own, please do post them in the comments section.