Why Do You Want To Work For Our Company? - Job Interview Answers.
The interviewer wants to know why you chose to serve his company. Basically this question is asked to people having experience in their respective field. Don’t start babbling and don’t give a short answer. Do some research about the company and then answer this question by associating sufficient data and information. Try to find out the status of the company, the turnover of the company, why this company is best among the competitors, etc. Such information will help you to answer in the best possible manner.
Try to gather information from annual reports, company’s website, articles about the company and the corporate newsletter.
Your answers can be:
1) Three reasons why I would like to work for your company are:
- Since your company provides a strong core competency, very strong value systems and best practices so I believe I have a strong vision of viewing myself as a project leader in your company.
- Your company has one of the fastest growth rates and turnover in the industry and that would mean a faster growth rate for me as a professional.
- The practices of your company are more employee and customer oriented.
2) I well understand that this is a company on the way up. And recently I studied and saw on your website about the launch of several new products which is imminent. I want to be a part of this business as it grows. Additionally, the team I would work with looks terrific.
ALSO READ THE ANSWERS FOR:
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why should we hire you over other candidates?
- What are your salary expectations? (Or What kind of salary are you looking for?)
- Do You Prefer to Work Independently Or On a Team?
- Why do you want to leave your current job/organization/company?
... Return To HR Interview Index.
Your suggestions and comments are welcome in this section. If you want to share something or if you have some answer of your own, please do post them in the comments section.